Tuesday 28 September 2010

Medical Websites

imageHi guys, previously in one of my posts, I said that I would do a review of a number of websites, useful for medical students.Hot smile

Well, I have been doing a fair bit of searching, and I believe I have found some very good ones indeed.

MIT OCW Biology and Chemistry

imageThe Massachusetts institute of technology (MIT) has opened up an outstanding website called Open Course Ware (OCW). Now not only does this site offer courses for Biology and Chemistry, but over 2000 courses, from commerce based subjects to literature.

Now, these two sites contain a wide range of resources, which include lecture notes, tests based on the topics, multimedia content such as videos and pictures. Now, what I love most about these two sites are the videos that they have. MIT gives you actual lecture hall videos of their teachers doing class. I believe that these resources are absolutely astounding. And what may be most surprising of all is that its all free.

image

Medical Student

image

This site contains so much information, that I will not even attempt to go over what lies in these pages. But, I will tell you that, it contains information of pretty much all aspects of medicine, a smorgasbord of information lies here which includes pictures, diagrams, explanations etc...

Student Doctor Network

image

imageThis site offers advice, information and links to other useful sites for medicine. But, what I like most about the site if the forum. The forum caters for a wide array of medical disciplines, even dentistry! Click on the image to go to the original site. You can get information from the official site, and ask about different medical practices, request for resources and ask for advice in their forum. You have to make a free account in their forum first though.

And the picture on the side is just a list of the forums inside the forums, there are many boards and child boards inside them too.

In fact, I think the pre-medical forum here will be very useful for people who want to study medicine but are not sure about it.

 

Free books for doctors

image

This site contains may free medical books, and they neatly arranged into different topics. Most of the books are in Adobe .pdf format, so you will need Adobe reader to open these files. You can also try Foxit reader.

More sites

I would also like to point out to another fellow bloggers post, regarding useful sites for student studying medicine. Please find his post here! Open-mouthed smile

Till then, happy studying! Nerd smile

7 comments:

Technobrowse said...

Anyone tried out the links?

Unknown said...

thanks
i really appreciate it
my nets too slow today .This site alone took ages to load!!!!
so i cant check them out today
but i will check them out tomorrow iA
these sites couldn't have come at a better time
just today i was confused about something.....
hopefully these will help
tc

LOUDSPEAKER said...

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't tried any of the links till now but I am so sure they're going to be of so much help!!

Unknown said...

hey
so i finally checked out the links!!!!
they are very useful
especailly the MIT OCW Biology and Chemistry
that was the best =D
it has lots of good info similar to what i am learning!!
thanks alot for your help!!
tc

Technobrowse said...

I am glad to be of service to you, please keep in touch, and always tell me what you need. I will always be happy to help anyone out there! :D

LOUDSPEAKER said...

yes, i did that-asked you for more help :P, check your inbox!

Unknown said...

hey
sure i will iA
you have been of great help!!
may Allah reward you for all the help you have given me!!
tc

Post a Comment