Saturday 18 September 2010

Improving descriptive writing

eragon

One of the best descriptive writers that I found was Christopher Paolini. This guy is simply a genius; he published his first story book at the age of 15. His inheritance cycle, of which he has published three books is one of the best books to study descriptive writing. And what more, unlike Tolkien who often fails to make his descriptions appealing, Paolini thrives in his ability to make his pieces both informative and at the same time interesting. The story in itself is a great one.

His three books: Eragon, Edest and Brisingr, are all great reads, and if anyone wants to improve their writing abilities, I believe that reading his books does wonders.

Before my English as a First Language exam, I started reading his books, and it did me a lot of good, especially because I found descriptive writing often hard and pointless.

You can find many of the e-books on several torrent sites. And the Audio books are available on Demonoid.com.But, I would request you all to buy the original books if you can, because this really is a great piece of work, and I believe it is well worth the money. Just doing a google search will get you many links to his books and Audio books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment