Saturday 18 September 2010

Free internet security

Hey you guys! Open-mouthed smile This is my first post after a long period, so I hope to make it a good one!

One problem that I repeatedly had when I was a student was a problem with my anti-virus. I was never satisfied with paying so much for an anti-virus programme.

But Avast solved that problem. Avast is a free anti-virus programme that has a complete suite of scanners. It is by far the most comprehensive free anti-virus suite available today, and I use it myself. I have tried it out, and I believe it to be absolutely amazing. Here is what Cnet had to say about Avast.

I have often been told that Avira or AVG is a good choice, but I think nothing beats Avast at the free level because it has simply so many free scanners, it is the most comprehensive free anti-virus suite available.

Avast Free 5 is probably the strongest, free antivirus currently available.

Seth Rosenblatt from Cnet

If you need any help with Avast, you have to create an account here, and there will be a dedicated team of experts to help you with your problems!

But Avast just has the anti-virus. What you need with it are two main things:

  1. A safe browser
  2. A firewall software

I found that the best firewall software came down to two candidates. Comodo firewall and Zone Alarm. I myself use Zone Alarm free firewall, but I believe that there are so many blogs out there that have compared the two, I find it prudent to leave this decision for you to make. I chose Zone Alarm because it has a lot more downloads, and the firm that made the product has been there fore a very long time. On Cnet, more users prefer to download Zone Alarm free firewall as compared to Comodo.

I think that both are very good programmes. To get a review of all the firewall software available, please visit this site.But both will give you a little trouble initially. There will be a lot of pop-ups at the beginning, but after the first few hours, there should not be any difference to before you installed the firewall software.

Now for the browser. The safest browser out there from independent test is Internet Explorer 8, with the highest malware catch rate. So if you want a safe browser, that is the best choice. But I personally use both Chrome and Firefox and have never had a serious problem.

If you have all those, then you have yourself a free internet security suite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment